Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Row Limitation Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mikebird
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote mikebird Replybullet Topic: Row Limitation
     Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 1:57am
How do I explicitly cut the number of rows in a report as I would in SQL by saying TOP 100 ?
 
I have been told this before - recordnumber < 101 in a formula in sections, but I'm not sure which button to use - the funtions of each of these are the sort I'll only learn about when there's a reason for them.
 
I just want to simply limit the number of rows, using grouping / sorting to pick the top bunch.
 
Apart from all these useful jobs and functions, isn't there a plain place for the row limitation?
 
Oh, what?! The global filter? Please tell me
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
IP IP Logged
mikebird
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote mikebird Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:10am
Well, Crystal keeps it hidden quite well, doesn't it? Top N it is. Can't remember where or how I found it, in a cross-tab option.
 
Putting recordnumber < 25 in a section formula was an excellent method from the forum months ago and I wish I could find it!
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
IP IP Logged
JohnT
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Quote JohnT Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 7:19am
Look under the help screen and search for
"Selecting top or bottom N groups or percentages".  Is that what you need ?
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum