Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Running totals Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 5:19am
Hi,
I am working on Crystal Reports 9, and am trying to generate a report wherein I need to get the total for each id's. For eg, a id 125 (not unique) may have 3 records, and each having an amount, I need to get the total for each id, i.e for 125.
I have added a Group Header, and have added this to the running totals:
Field to Summarize (Command.Total)
Type of Summary (Sum)
Evaluate for each record
Reset (On change of group) Command.Jobsheetid
When I try this, I get only the first record amount, and not the other records for an id.
Any idea how to fix this?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:45pm
Where are you putting the data on your report? If you need the data in the header then you'll be better of using a regular Summary instead of a running total.
I assume your group is on the ID. Click on the "sigma" button (large angular 'E'), select your Total field and select the ID field as the group level. A new object will show up in the goup footer, but you can move it to the header.
Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 9:54pm
Yeah, I am having the total on a Group header, and the group is on the ID. The report has to display based on From and To dates, and display the totals of each of the id's, within that date range.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum