Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Master Detail Report Problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
costa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote costa Replybullet Topic: Master Detail Report Problems
     Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 8:22am
Look at my situation:
  - Made a report in Crystal Report 10, where I have a Master-Detail.
    The idea is simple:
     - In the Master is a printed record, where we take each item in detail the record regarding the Master. Similar to a report and request items to order.

The problem is that in my report Master, there is a field called QUANTITY, where each item of Detail substrai value of QUANTITY of the Masters. Thus, I need to make these calculations, since the bottom need the GRAND TOTAL.

Examples:

  ITEM   QUANTITY         | Report
   XYZ      43,049           | Master
------------------------------
     SUBITEM  QUANTITY | Report
        PCO           49       | Detail
------------------------------

Substrair need is the value of the quantity of the Masters with the value of the quantity in detail.

Anyone know how?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:16am
I'm confused by the question. First, I'm not sure what "Substrai" and "Substair" mean. Is this a field in the table? Second, what calculation are you trying to do? Are you trying to add the quantity field in both the master record and detail record?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
costa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote costa Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:57am
I apologize for the misinformation.

Theoretically I need is "simple". Calculate the value exists in the Master in the quantity that comes from BD, substraindo the value of quantity in the Detail.

Thus, I will do a GRAND TOTAL footer Master of the report.

In creating the report, were asked 2 SQL's - 1 for the Masters and consequently 1 to Detail --

If you know how to do this calculation (Detalhe.Quantidade - Master.Quantidade) would.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum