Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Surpress Blank Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sacramento
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote sacramento Replybullet Topic: Surpress Blank Fields
     Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 2:37pm
Hi:
 
I would like to eliminate blank fields that a have in my report.
 
I had create a separate section for each line of the address and then turn on "Suppress If blank" for each section,but don't work with this way...
I had put a formula too in this option,but the problem remain
 
Any suggestion to suppress this blanks fields?
 
 
Thanks
 
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 6:10pm
You have the right idea. The formula should be perfect. Can you post what formula you used and whether you attached it to the Suppress property or not?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
sacramento
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote sacramento Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 2:18am
Hi:
 
I had resolve the question with this method:
 
I have 2 formulas in the detail section...
Formula 1 name's - Dt_Nascenca1
Formula 2 name's - Anilha
 
in the formula 1 I have this code:
Dim date1 As Date
global numbervar as string
date1=CDate ({Relatório_Aves_1Selecao.nascenca})
if CurrentDate <= DateAdd ("d",{?Valor}, date1 ) then
formula = date1 + {?Valor}
numbervar = "true"
else
numbervar = "false"
end if
 
then:
I had format the field in the formula 1 enabled the option surpress and put this code:
global numbervar as string
if numbervar = "false" then
formula = IsNull (
{@data_Nascenca1})
end if
 
In formula 2 i have this code:
global numbervar as string
if numbervar = "true" then
formula= ({Relatório_Aves_1Selecao.sexo})
end if
 
and in the format field I had enabled the surpress option too and put this code:
global numbervar as string
if numbervar = "false" then
formula = IsNull (
{@Anilha})
end if
 
 
I don't know if this is the best way,but work and had resolve the blank fields in the report...
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum