|
Hi there,
I have been trying to pass a value that is collected in the main report to a sub report as a parameter to a stored procedure used to fill the sub report but have been having no luck.
These are the steps I am taking, maybe someone can point out where I am going wrong...
1. After I have added the subreport and set the stored proc using the database expert I go back to the main report and click the "change subreport links" option. 2. Then I select the field from "available fields" - In this case it is DataTable1.CustomerId 3. It then fills in all the data below and looks like it is going to do exactly what I want. The "Subreport parameter field to use" ends up being set to ?pm-DataTable1.CustomerId and the box that says "Select Data in subreport based on field:" is checked and the drop down below it is set to CustomerID which is the variable the stored procedure uses.
All that seems like it is totally going to do what I want but when I run the report I get box that pops up asking me for the CustomerId.
*Shrug* I have researched this and it seems like this is they way to do it but I must be missing something somewhere.
OK - Thanks...
|