Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Filtering a Date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mike041280
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote mike041280 Replybullet Topic: Filtering a Date
     Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 8:05am
I have a field in a table that holds multiple dates per name. However, I only want to display the dates that are in the future.
 
Can anyone tell me how to write that formula? I tried using a formula with that like this
 
(Field) > Today's Date
 
but when I previewed the report it showed the field as stating false & the names appeared multiple times.
 
BTW - I am using Crystal XI
 
Thanks
Mike 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 11:48am
Does the field itself hold multiple dates or are the multiple records for the same name, each with a different date?
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
mike041280
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote mike041280 Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 11:58am
The field itself holds mutiple dates.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 12:01pm

So, it's a string field?  What is the delimeter between the dates?

-Dell

IP IP Logged
mike041280
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote mike041280 Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 12:15pm
I want to show the dates beginning from today forward.
 
The date is formatted like this: 12:00:00AM
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 1:21pm
I understand what you want to do but I don't yet have enough information to be able to help you with it.  By "delimited" I meant, how do you determine where one date ends and another begins? Please include a sample of the data that's in the field.
 
-Dell


Edited by hilfy - 26 Sep 2008 at 1:21pm
IP IP Logged
mike041280
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote mike041280 Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 8:25am
Hey,
 
Thanks for your help. I actually figured out what needed to be done.
 
Thanks again.
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum