|
Hello!
I purchased your book and while it is very
useful, I still have some questions, which is the reason why I
registered for your forum. I am using VS2005 Team Edition and part of
my confusion comes out of not using VS.NET 2003. I have requirements for several reports from a client and am looking for a good design strategy.
So for instance, an inventory listing report:
Inventory as of: <date> - input at runtime Site
of inventory: <site> - this should be a combo box listing sites
in a table to choose fromĀ or optionally choose all sites Site address, city, state, zip.... Inventory details....
My
question is: is there a way to present the user with a choice to either
select all sites or select just one site from a list of sites? Is this
something that can be done through the designer?
If I want to
print site address and city and so forth right below the site name, in
small font, separated by commas, it seems that I can't use IFields. I
need a control that is more flexible and can grow or shrink depending
on the length of the data. Is there a way to make IFields do that? What
other control might I use to get the job done?
I apologize for
bugging you, but I really need some pointers. I am new with this, and
while your book has helped me, I still do have questions and would
really appreciate any tips you may give me.
Best regards in hope to hear from you soon.
gphreak
|