Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Graph Question Urgent Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sunny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote sunny Replybullet Topic: Graph Question Urgent
     Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 12:13am
Hi All,
 
I have to make the Bar graph, wherein I need to show the value as formula.
 
My requirement is like...
 
I need to show the value of MTTR = Sum of TTR / Counts of TTs
 
For this I have already created 2 running total fields. And in a formula, when I am dividing (Sum of TTR / Counts of TTs), it is not coming in chart. So I am not able to populate the MTTR in my graph.
 
Is there any alternate to displaying this in graph.
 
Pls help ...
 
Thanks
Sunny
 
 
Thanks & Regards
Sunny
IP IP Logged
Savan
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 4:55am
Sunny,
 
You cannot take a running total formula field in a chart. Instead of creating running total fields for (Sum of TTR) and (Counts of TTs), you can create a two shared varibales  for summing and counting.
 
For calculating MTTR you can use these shared variables.  Then the MTTR can be used to populate in graph
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
sunny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote sunny Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 6:20am
Hi Savan,
 
Thanks for your kind support.
And whatever you said I tried with the hard code values so its coming in the "Available fields list" in graph.
When I am selecting the formula (this) from the "Available fields list", it is not coming in the "Show Values" option. But during runtime of report it displays the value, but again it it not displaying the computed value. It is actually the count.
 
Is there any way to get the computed vaule.
 
I am sending you my simple code.
 
I am using only this formula which gives me output as 2 Hrs. I want to display this in the graph.
 
StringVar ActualMTTRvalue;
StringVar array SplittedMTTRValue;
StringVar MTTRHrs;
StringVar MTTRMins;
NumberVar MTTR := 120/1;
ActualMTTRvalue := toText(MTTR/60);
SplittedMTTRValue := split(ActualMTTRvalue,".");
MTTRHrs := SplittedMTTRValue[1];
MTTRMins := toText(MTTR mod 60);
SplittedMTTRValue := split(MTTRMins,".");
if SplittedMTTRValue[1] <> "0" then
    MTTRMins := MTTRHrs + " : " + SplittedMTTRValue[1] + " Min"
else
    MTTRHrs := MTTRHrs + " Hrs"
 
Pls suggest.
 
Thanks
Sunny
Thanks & Regards
Sunny
IP IP Logged
sunny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote sunny Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 1:38am

hi all,

 
pls help me... its very urgent for me
 
Thanks
Sunny
Thanks & Regards
Sunny
IP IP Logged
sunny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote sunny Replybullet Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 1:01am
Hi All,
 
For this problem, can anybody tell me how to group the data and based on some condition how to calculate the given below scenario.
 
Actually my req is like...
I have States and I want to group the count of TTs on state wise and based on condition Status = "Resolved"
and
also the Sum of TTR, group on state and Status = "Resolved"
 
After getting the count and sum, I need to apply the formula
MTTR for each state = Sum of TTR/Count of TTR.
 
I need to display this valuein the bar graph
 
Pls suggest me how to do that.
 
Thanks & Regards
Sunny
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum