Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: IDispatch error #31837 Failed to Open Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 4:11pm
IDispatch error #31837 Failed to open the connection
I have Crystal Reports XI installed on my local machine. I use a CRM program called "Goldmine" and the database program is SQL 2005.
I can open reports in XI, but I can't view my reports in Goldmine. I installed a runtime version of Crystal Reports in order to do this. The problem is that I can only open reports once in Goldmine, and then it gives me the above error. If I save my Goldmine User.ini file with no real changes then it allows me to open the report only once.
My Goldmine\Crystal Reports technician has never seen this error message before. The manufacturer of Goldmine was not helpful. In fact, they caused havoz on my Goldmine application by deleting my SQL password from the program.
I have played around with the OBDC settings in admin. tools, and the reports links in Crystal XI. Doesn't seem to be the problem if I can open it once, but not again.
Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 3:41pm
Thanks for the reply. I think this is what happened, but it is difficult to prove causation as I was making many changes to fix the problem before I noticed that it was working.
I believe that the error message was caused from incorrect settings with the files themselves rather than Goldmine.
I opened Crystal Reports XI and spent some time in the Database > Set Datasource Location dialog box. Since these were old files they were linked to an old database/datasource location etc., so the Contact1 and various other items may not have been linked and saved properly. I put my investigation of this error message on hold after playing with these settings, and out of the blue when I attempted to open a Crystal file in Goldmine I was elated to find that it was working. It seems it had something to do with the Datasource Location.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum