Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing Repetitive Name Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tedjop
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote tedjop Replybullet Topic: Suppressing Repetitive Name
     Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 7:34pm
I put inside the Group Footer "Customer Name" which get printed out even though it is the same as the one appear on the previous line. I have checked on the "Suppress if Duplicate" box in the "Format" but still got printed.

How to do this suppression?

Thanks!

Ted


IP IP Logged
dfolzenlogen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote dfolzenlogen Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 1:54am
I am assuming by "previous line" you mean the Details Section.  What do you want to show in the Group Footer?
 
Have you tried formatting "Customer Name" in the Details Section by checking the "Suppress If Duplicated" there instead of the Group Footer?
 
If you want to suppress the Details Section altogether and just show a Group Summary, then maybe you want to "suppress" the Details Section and Group Header Section.
 
Maybe a few more details . . .
IP IP Logged
tedjop
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote tedjop Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 8:09pm
dfolzenlogen: Thanks for your reply and sorry for late reply!

I do not put any on the detail, since the nature of the report is to accumulate total on the detail and display the total only on the group footer.

However, because the report has to display Customer Name, as a result, the Name of Customer appear repetitively on the Group Footer. Question is how to suppress those repetitive Customer Name such that only 1 appear on that Group Footer (please remember that I do not put information in the detail; many subtotals appear on the Group Footer until the end of the report)
IP IP Logged
dfolzenlogen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote dfolzenlogen Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 10:44pm
Let me see if I understand. . .  You do not want to print the details section.  You only want to print the totals for any particular item which you have placed in the Group Footer but you get many instances of the same item.
 
It sounds to me like you have not placed a summary field in your Group Footer.  Have you done a "Suppress (no drill down)" on all the other sections including the Group Header?
 
Why don't you send me a sample report and I'll take a look at it for you.
 
dfolzenlogen
IP IP Logged
tedjop
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote tedjop Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 1:50am
The report is fine, it is intentionally designed to be put into the Group Footer. But the modification by putting the Customer Name causing the Customer Name to be printed repetitively and I just need to know how to suppress it. I have tried using "Suppress if repeated" but did not work.

Let me see how to send it to you by email? And I will try to find out how to send it out to you if possible.
IP IP Logged
HolyCow
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote HolyCow Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 7:19am
When I need ABSOLUTE seppression of duplicates I create a formula field and use a counter.
If counter = 1
then
{FieldName}
else
""
By incrimenting your counter with each printing you control the output.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum