Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Borders Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kjs35
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote kjs35 Replybullet Topic: Report Borders
     Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 7:50am

I very am new to crystal reports and am having some problems.  I have created a simple report that works fine but I can't figure out how to add borders around the cells in the report.  I want it to look like a excell spreadsheat with the lines around each cell.  Besides the draw tools is there a way to do that?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked to death. 
 
Thanks for your help.
 
Kevin
IP IP Logged
DJester
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote DJester Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 10:03am
I think a Cross-Tab will do this.  I don't have much experience with them but check that out.
IP IP Logged
kjs35
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote kjs35 Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 11:01am
thanks
IP IP Logged
dfolzenlogen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote dfolzenlogen Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 7:11pm
You can try this using the New Report wizard.  Start by building a New Standard Report and follow the onscreen prompts:
1) Choose data;
2) Choose fields you want to display on the report;
3) Choose Grouping (Optional and I usually just click "next" and do this later)
4) Choose Record Selection (Optional and I usually just click "next" and do this later)
5) Your last choice will be to choose a template.  You will want to choose "Table Grid Template".
 
 
IP IP Logged
hsmead
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote hsmead Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 9:01pm
You can apply borders to most any object.  Just right-click, select Properties, and then go to the borders tab.
Heather Phillips
803-834-6924
hsmead@aol.com
www.AccountingSolutionsForLess.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum