Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Cascading Prompts Filter? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
KevinBond
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote KevinBond Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Cascading Prompts Filter?
     Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 9:43am
This question may have a very obvious answer, however I need to ask it.  I am creating a report for one particular department.  No other departments will ever use it.  I have a list of values, however this department only uses about 10% of the list.  In my dynamic cascading prompt, I would really like to filter the topmost dropdown list so that the choices are only on the 10% of the items, without having to make the user choose from a list above this level.  Is there a way to filter the data that populates the topmost prompt?
IP IP Logged
KevinBond
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote KevinBond Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 12:26pm
This is not the method that I wanted to use, but I decided to go with a commands object.  I created a command object with a query based on my main table.  In that query, I created the filter for the data that I needed, then I just used the command object instead of my main table.  I realize that I could have done the same thing with a view on the database, but this report is going to run on other copies of the db, and I don't want to add views to all of them.  I built my dynamic cascading prompts off of the command object.  Ouch
IP IP Logged
brooood
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote brooood Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:42am
You need Business View manager to filter the dynamic prompts. Open the prompt with DF at the end and set the filter.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum