Topic: Select some or all based on promt Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 6:17am
I have a report which needs to run for recods which contain "validated", records which do not contain "validated" or all records based on user prompt. I have an InStr formula and a prompt, but cannot figure out how to create the select statement to select all records as well as just validated or not validated in one formula. Can anyone help? Thanks
Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 7:24am
Why don't you setup parameters? If you setup parameters you than don't need to make a select statement to pull your data. First create a new parameter than choose if you want to allow multiple choices down at the bottom give a meaningful name as well. Than you go into selection filtering and choose your field which contains the validated data to equal the parameter you setup this way it will prompt you on your choices. Is that what your looking for ?
Yes, that is what I want. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Already have the parameter set up, but for single selection only - Validated, Not Validated or All. Thanks.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum