Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Making Group Headings Bold or UnBold Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
fdfjc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote fdfjc Replybullet Topic: Making Group Headings Bold or UnBold
     Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 11:53am

Hi I have a problem I hope someone can help me with.  I have a report with five group levels.  Right now I have all levels displaying the group name in bold text.  When level 1 is displayed, I would like for level 2 to be UN-bolded.  When level 2 is displayed, I would like it to be bold, and level 3 to be UN-bolded, etc.  In other words, I would like the clicked level to be bold and the level below un-bold.  But, I have no idea how to do this and I haven't been able to find anything in my CR book that shows me how.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

 

 

Brenda
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:38am
Hi,
 
Try this,Select Group 2 then right click select format field then select the font Tab .Then Click the X+2 button against the Style and enter the formula below
 
IF DRILLDOWNGROUPLEVEL = 0 then
crRegular
else
crBold
 
Do the same for Group 3 and enter the formula below
 
IF DRILLDOWNGROUPLEVEL = 2 then
crRegular
else
crBold
 
what you need to do is check the DRILLDOWNGROUPLEVEL of each group and adjust the bold unbold accordingly,which can be done creating a separate formula ......
 
cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
fdfjc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote fdfjc Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 6:09am
Rahul, you dah man!  It worked like a charm.  Thank you so much!
Brenda
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum