Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Topic: Using Data From TextBoxes? Posted: 21 Mar 2007 at 7:39am
I understand how to use data contained in an Access db within my CR document.
What I don't understand (and would like to) is how to use data that resides in my VB .NET 2003 textboxes within my report. I have some textboxes that are not bound to Access data and are generated while the application is running.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 21 Mar 2007 at 10:35am
There are a couple of ways to do this but the easiest way I can think of to do this is to create some parameters in the report and, in your VB code that runs the report, set the parameters based on the data in the textboxes.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 3:51pm
Yeah, I've got a whole chapter on it. But the 'quick and dirty' way to pass data is using report formulas. Only requires one line of code, and you have to make sure the formula text matches what you would see in Crystal Reports EXACTLY.
But hey, don't let me talk you out of buying the book.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum