Hello: I have records which look like this:
ORDER_NO TEXT
1234 A (with a carriage return)
1234 B (with a carriage return)
1234 C (with a carriage return)
I need to concatenate the TEXT field values into a string while stripping out the carriage returns and/or extra spaces for each value to look like this:
ORDER_NO TEXT
1234 A,B,C, (etc... goes on infinitely)
I can not understand how this works. I've read the thread in this forum called "Concatenating Fields - Help???" which is similar to what I want to do, but it doesn't work for me and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or if it is because of the carriage returns.
I've also read on another posting about creating 3 formulas and displaying the resulting string in a group footer, but I can't get that to work either. Maybe I'm not placing the groups and formulas and fields in the right places.
Thanks for ANY help!