Topic: Connection to SQL server lost / invalid argument Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 1:39am
Hello,
I've created a report in CR XI, worked fine till yesterday noon. I connect using a System DSN towards an SQL database. When testing the connection in the Microsoft ODBC dat source administration tool, it gives no errors at all. Since yesterday afternoon I get errors whilst refreshing my data. I always get an error "invalid argument provided". When opening the database expert I see my DSN connection but the table shown as selected is has the same name as the one used in my dsn, but it is not at all the connection I've set up. Under "my connections" I have a yellow cube without name, and the DSN I've created myself. The little "connector" on the icon showing when you have a connection is missing. When clicking on either connection I get the same error "invalid argument provided". Pointing towards a new odbc connection isn't possible neither, same error code. When I close this report and start a new report I can point towards my dsn connection and I can consult the data. Can somebody please put me back on track? Please see the file in atachment. Thanks for the help, Stijn
Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 5:56am
Having this exact same problem, very frustrating. It's keeping me from adding any data at all through ODBC...sigh. Been working on this for two days and haven't found an answer.
Unfortunately, I still didn't find a solution for this error.... I had no other solution than to restart my report from scratch, and I hope it never occurs again. If it does I am in big trouble because I run some 6daily reports for work.... If you find a solution I would appreciate your help as wel.
Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 8:47am
I'm still getting the problem - like you I have to start a new report to get rid of it, which is ridiculous. It isn't just report that I write either - if a coworker sends me one he's working on I can't run it - "Set Database Location" immediately produces the error as soon as I click on ODBC. "Verify Database" immediately produces the error as well.
My coworker is having the same problem...making it very difficult to get things done around here.
I'm on CR XI R2, patched up to SP3 (Downloading SP4 now).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum