My goal is to pull inventory information from a btrieve database into
crystal and generate a report that combines the 16 lines of text from
a single (40 char string) field in the database into a single field. The problem I'm having is I can't figure out the formula to combine the single 40 char descr field and the 2 char lineno field to allow the other 15 lines to show on the report.
structure of the database is as follows:
lineno, string (2)
descr, string (40)
If I can get all 16 lines to show I what to combine them into a single field for export to a web catalog.
I've tried pulling directly into the main report and using shared variable and passing the info back, but I either get only the first field in the main or only the last field in the sub.
I don't care if I concatenate or append the 16± lines in the sub or the main. The end result is I want a single field of text to export from crystal containing whatever text is available.
I'm reasonably sure I've not using the correct syntax. I'm not sure of how to append the fields into one string, nor whether my shared variables are passing the info correctly??
Formula in sub report is: @My_Extdesc
whileprintingrecords;
Shared stringVar combined;
combined:= {INDESC.descr}
Formula in main report is:
whileprintingrecords;
Shared StringVar combined:= combined
If there's an easier way please let me know, and no, you can't hurt my feelings, I already know I'm over my head. Thanks.