Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Count function Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 10:48am
Newbie here. I'm wondering if there is any way to get a Count of the values in a field. Basically we have a database that endusers see as dropdowns that writes that value to the database. I need to get an exact count of the number of times they select a specific cause for something. For example, I have a table called Pollu_Hydro. In there they can select 5 things. If they select Animal Fat twice throughout the year, I would like to get a Count of Two for Animal Fat.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 1:47pm
Absolutely!
You need to create the report based on the table(s) where the data from Pollu_Hydro is used. From there you group on the field where the data is used and do a count.
Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 2:47pm
Apologize if this is an idiotic question. I've figured out how to Group (Insert/Group) but how do I do a Count on a group? First time working with CR, I need step-by-step instructions (at least for now)...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum