I dug a little deeper and found out that it's not the charts on the subreport that are causing the problem. It seems to be the parameters passing from the main report to the subreport. I'm using links to pass the parameters to the subreport but it seems they don't get passed unless I double click on the subreport while previewing.
I have tried everything, well almost. But the subreport doesn't show until I double click on it. I even tried renaming the parameters in the subreport to be in the form Pm-@parameter_name but it still doesn't work

If I unlink the variables then I get prompted for the parameters the subreport uses, if I enter those parameters then the subreport shows as I expected!!. How come it doesn't work when I link the variables to send the parameters to the subreport?
Edited by billypg - 14 Aug 2008 at 7:55am