Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Records Dropping Off Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kknapman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kknapman Replybullet Topic: Records Dropping Off
     Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 11:19am

In formating a report, I am trying to add a new field.  When I use the field explorer and drop the field onto the report I loose records that have no data in that field.  What should I do to stop this?  The field I'm trying to drop in is strictly for information purposes and blank responses are ok.  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.



Edited by kknapman - 12 Aug 2008 at 12:38pm
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 12:21pm
Is the field in a different table from the data in the rest of your report?  If so, you need to make sure that the link is from the data table to the new table and then you need to modify the link to be a Left Outer Join.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
kknapman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kknapman Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 12:36pm
Totally Awesome Clap, you made my whole day.  I was leaning that direction just couldn't put all the pieces together.
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum