Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Failed to retrieve data from the database Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dilo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dilo Replybullet Topic: Failed to retrieve data from the database
     Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 7:30pm
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to use crystal report, so please forgive me for asking newbie questions....

anyway...

I'm picking up a system using ASP to call crystal report (XI), with DB is SQL Server 2005, and I was trying to create a new report, however I keep encountering the following error...

Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 4104 ]

I tried to preview the result on web it's OK, only get the error when I try to view it in crystal viewer....

also I can see the report normally in crystal report.....

can anyone please give me some hints where should I look at?Cry

I've been struck by this problem for days..... any help will be appreciated..

thanks in advance.


Edited by dilo - 04 Aug 2008 at 7:33pm
IP IP Logged
vallance
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote vallance Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 9:37am
I get that error all the time when I use certain databases. Only on certain databases though. I've never figured it out because I've always been able to use a similar database to get the information I needed...
I'll check back to see if anyone else knows why you get these errors
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum