Topic: how to change the connection string Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 8:07am
While I created a crystal report, I develop the report by connecting to Development Environment.(Username, Pwd, conn_dev)
Now I want to migrate the report to Test environment. Could some one advice me how to switch the only connection string (conn_test). So that I can use the design part same as the Developement.
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 5:37am
Hi
Open the report then go to Database Menu -Select Set Datasource Location you will see the current connection settings depends which connection you are using like ODBC,OLEDB etc....
below you will find Replace with connection panel create a new connection which connects to your testing enviorment
then highlight the production connection and testing connection by selecting it
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum