Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 9:32am
You can't 'pick and choose' which data to show. It shows everything. However, if you do a data only export then it won't export the formatting and depending upon which version you have you can turn off certain things like group headers and such. But the data itself can't be hidden.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 10:08am
Glad to help.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 3:55am
Don't know if this will help you, but I am often asked to produce the same report both in a Word format that can be printed and an Excel format for the user to work on.
I do this by duplicating the output sections and putting the required fields in whatever format looks good into both. Then I have a parameter which asks 'Word or Excel' and use that to conditionally suppress the sections I don't want.
Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 5:27am
I just found out if you go on your design page, left click on the section you don't want to be shown on your preview, click surpress or hide, the information will not be shown on your preview. So then when you export it, the information will not be there either!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum