Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross-Tab Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pluto1415
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pluto1415 Replybullet Topic: Cross-Tab Question
     Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 7:04am
I need to create a cross-tab that has 2 user defined time periods.  Specifically:
 
                       Period 1                             Period 2                           Change
  Sales Guy    # of Sales    $ of Sales      # of Sales    $ of Sales         +/- (#)
       Account       same            same           same             same            same
 
Period 1 and Period 2 will probably be Quarters (like 1st Qtr 2007 vs. 1st Qtr 2008) but I need to be able to define those quarters on the fly and not display every quarter of history.
 
I've got a cross-tab that displays what I need for 1 period but I can't get the 2nd period or change.
 
And, I know it's not specifically covered in this forum, but I have v8.5


Edited by pluto1415 - 28 Jul 2008 at 7:05am
IP IP Logged
pluto1415
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pluto1415 Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 11:06am
Cry   Anyone?  It doesn't actually have to be a "cross-tab" it just needs to look like one.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 12:06pm
This is tricky, but to get it to work requires two crosstabs. The second one will be just like the first one, except that it will be a different date range. You can use parmeters to set the ranges.
 
To make them appear as one cross-tab requires creative hiding of the borders and lining them up carefully. You will probably have to have the first one overlapping the second one a bit and then hide the lines so that you can't tell that it's two cross-tabs. It's tricky and I'm not sure that it can be done just the way you want, but it has a good shot of working.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum