Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Data being pulled is limited Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 10:08am
I have a weird issue. I have a report that is working out of a program called MAS 90. The report is a custom one and I inserted a field but the report is not pulling all the data from the field, it is pulling limited characters. I have the field set to "Can grow" but it still cuts off some of the data? Any ideas?
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 11:41am
I dont' konw about MAS 90. Is it possible that it isn't a simple data type and maybe CR doesn't read the entire field? What creating a formula that returns the length of the string and use that to test if CR even knows the proper length? If this is the case, I don't know how to fix it (since you obviously can't change the data type in MAS 90), but it might give you some clues about where to go from here.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 12:07pm
I have no idea. First I would use create a formula to print the length of the field. This will tell you if my hunch is correct or wrong. If its wrong, then its a matter of figuring out what else is happening.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum