Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Distinct Count not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
H0P5
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote H0P5 Replybullet Topic: Distinct Count not working
     Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 12:14am
Hi There,
 
My report is using the "distinct count" but is claiming there are more distinct records when there really is.
 
I have exported this data into excel and possitive this distinct count isnt working. I have one section where distinct records is listed as 10, when I can see there is only 9!
 
Is there something obvious I am missing?! Please help anyone who can Cry
H0P5
IP IP Logged
H0P5
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote H0P5 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 1:41am
I am making some progress I think.
 
I have a group selection formula suppressing all groups with a sum of zero.
 
I think my distinct count is still counting those groups, even though they are no longer visable. Can I do anything about this?
H0P5
IP IP Logged
H0P5
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote H0P5 Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 7:57am

Got it now. Running totals are the key.

Jeez, its dry here isn't it?! Not a single reply!

Anyone know of a more active Crytsal Tips forum?

H0P5
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum