Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Group Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sukh007
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote sukh007 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Group Formula
     Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 2:35am
Hi Guys
 
Hope someone can help as this is driving me crazy.
 
I have data for person sales and i have grouped this as below.
 
Joe Bloggs - Total Sales = £210.00 (This is group section)
                          sale 1 = £100.00
                          sale 2 = £210.00
 
Jon Jones Total Sales = £70.00
                         sale 1 = £70.00
 
If I add a summary field in the report at the end to get the sum of the total  sales it display £280.00 which is correct as it is overall value of sales.
 
I have added a formula to the group section which will only display where a users total sales is over £200. 
 
Sum ({@Value}, {CONTACT1.CONTACT}) > 200.00
 
The formula above only displays Joe Bloggs sales as Jon Jones sales are less than £200.    However the overall sales still shows as £280.00 as it still calculates Jon Jones sales and not as £200.  Jon Jones still shows in the group tree but not in the main report.
 
How do I get the sum to calculate from the criteria I have select in the group section formula.  Thanks for the help.
IP IP Logged
sukh007
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote sukh007 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 1:49am
OK I managed to figure it out.
 
For those of you in the same position you will need to use Running totals and put the field in the rreport footer.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum