Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Shading every other report line Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Brat
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Brat Replybullet Topic: Shading every other report line
     Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 12:04pm
Been trying to figure out another way of doing this.  I have use these two formulas before with no problems, but it doesn't seem to work on this circumstance.
 
if RecordNumber mod 2>0 then crSilver else nocolor
 
if RecordNumber Mod 2=0 then crSilver else NoColor
 
The problem here is I am grouping records this time and it is not shading every other line.  The pattern is inconsistant due to it shading the individual records within the group so the groups show are not shaded correctly.  How do I write something to shade every other group instead of record.  Thanks
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 1:11pm
Hi,
Where are you placing the formula,Try Placing the formula in Group Header. right click Group header Select Section Expert then Color Tab then in BackGround Color X+2 button enter the formula...
 
if RecordNumber mod 2>0 then crSilver else nocolor
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
Brat
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Brat Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 2:35pm
I am putting it in the group header in the formula selection.  When I run the report, the shading is random and I believe this is due to it shading the individual records within each group.  As the group changes, the last recrod in the group could be shaded or not shaded and displayed as that in the group display.  I would get rows shaded together then blanks and then shaded again.  The blank and shaded sections will vary and no pattern to them
IP IP Logged
venkatesha
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote venkatesha Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 11:22pm
Try Using Running Total instead of Group Number.

Create Running Total for the field and type of summary to count and select reset on Change of Group.

Instead of RecordNumber use Running total formula. Since RecordNumber is won't reset when group is changed.

Cheers

Venkatesh
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum