Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: URGENT 'Number'Field is omitting records with text Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 8:01am
I have a .csv file that I am using as my file database (it is a report from a CMS system to import into our donor database).
When I look at the field explorer it shows the {Participant Member ID} as a number field. So I opened the csv file, formatted the cells to text and saved it because some ID's have text.
However, when I open the CR file and update the database location, it omits any cells that contain text. Our ID's have text in them so I need it to come through. How do I change the field type so that it will read the numbers with text and actually output them?
Sasha Lewis
Database Development Manager
PKD Foundation
sashal@Pkdcure.org
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 12:41pm
Does your output data have quotes around all of the strings? (look at the .csv file in a text editor instead of in Excel!) Are there quotes around the Member ID field? If not, there need to be. For report design purposes, I would also make sure that the first record in the file is one that has text in the Member ID field.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum