I'm creating a report. The first thing I did was create my SQL Server query and use the results as my data repository in Crystal.
In Crystal, I've got a group; within that group are details (rows from my SQL query, essentially). Each field in the Crystal "details" section within the group represents a part of 1 row in my SQL query. What I would like to do is suppress an entire row's worth of data (all fields in the detail section) if one of the fields in the row meets a particular condition (i.e. if deleted date falls between two particular dates, display all fields in this row; else show none of them).
I'm thinking it has something to do with the select expert, but I'm not too sure. One solution is to have all of the fields in the details section be a result of a formula with the conditions I've specified (i.e. if deleted date >= particular date1 and deleted date < particular date 2, show this field; then just do the same for each field in the details section). The problem with that, however, is that when I do a preview of the report, it still shows that I have a number of "details" rows for a particular group (I'm not actually filtering them from the report, I'm just sort of hiding them).
How do I get filter out an entire row's worth of data from a report in Crystal?