Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to suppress an entire row? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jakbo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote jakbo Replybullet Topic: How to suppress an entire row?
     Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 8:12am
I'm creating a report.  The first thing I did was create my SQL Server query and use the results as my data repository in Crystal.
 
In Crystal, I've got a group; within that group are details (rows from my SQL query, essentially).  Each field in the Crystal "details" section within the group represents a part of 1 row in my SQL query.  What I would like to do is suppress an entire row's worth of data (all fields in the detail section) if one of the fields in the row meets a particular condition (i.e. if deleted date falls between two particular dates, display all fields in this row; else show none of them).
 
I'm thinking it has something to do with the select expert, but I'm not too sure.  One solution is to have all of the fields in the details section be a result of a formula with the conditions I've specified (i.e. if deleted date >= particular date1 and deleted date < particular date 2, show this field; then just do the same for each field in the details section).  The problem with that, however, is that when I do a preview of the report, it still shows that I have a number of "details" rows for a particular group (I'm not actually filtering them from the report, I'm just sort of hiding them).
 
How do I get filter out an entire row's worth of data from a report in Crystal?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 2:00am

Hi,

Go to Details Section ,right Click Select Section Expert Once done then in Section Expert --->Common Tab-->  Click x+2 button against Suppress(No DrillDown) and enter the formula to code which you want to check....

Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum