| Author |
Message |
scottjball
Newbie
Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Trim to the '@' in an email address Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 9:13am |
|
Hi All...
It's been yonks since i've had to do reports in CR. I'm scratching my head on how to extract the domain from an email address..
I seem to remember a trimto function but it does not seem to work correctly.
Thanks in advance
Scott
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
|

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 10:18am |
Hi Scott,
output
@hotmail.com
Cheers
Rahul
|
IP Logged |
|
scottjball
Newbie
Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 12:18pm |
|
Thansk for that... But I need to take it a sted further...
Basically i need to extract the domain name from the email address.
I created a formula called domain:
mid({'All_Members_'.HOME_EMAIL_ADDRESS},instrrev({'All_Members_'.HOME_EMAIL_ADDRESS},'@')) which returns @domainname
I've done a second formula called domaintrim Mid ({@Domain}, 2 , 100 )
Which returns domainname
Only problem when i try to group or order the report by domaintrim
i get the following error:
Start position is less that 1 or not an interger.
Basically i need a report that groups all the records of the report by the domain name.
Thansks
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|