Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Topic: weird roundup Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 3:19pm
I created a report pulling data from a sql stored procedure. when I execute the stored procedure on sql server, one of the columns with the amount value shows 7.75
When I run crystal reports that same value becomes 8.00
on the sql table the datatype is set to "money".
How is that possible that Crystal is rounding up to 8.00?
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 5:06am
Hi,
It has to do with the rounding of the field,right click the field then select format field -->Select Number tab the click the Customize button then select the rounding to 0.01...
Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 7:59am
Actually the field had already been customized as:
Decimal: 1.00
Rounding: 0.01
Negatives: -123
From the Database Tab I selected "Verify database" and by going thru this simple process I was able to get the correct results (At some point the database/proc had been changed but the report had never been updated).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum