Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 12:47pm
Thanks very much for that. It's doing exactly what I wanted. I knew there were formulae for that, but not sure what recordnumber was.
I've got to ask though - it does what you say: recordnumber > 10 gives just 10 rows. I thought recordnumber > 10 would give any count of rows as long as it was more than 10
That seems funny though. I'd expect to set recordnumber <= 10 to get 10 rows
Will you explain why it's like that? I like to understand.
Thanks
Mike
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 1:58am
Also, to add to this function, how to I get the number of rows (5) to be specific by chunks of value? Need currency value to be in steps of money - 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, 40,000, 50,000?
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 4:14am
Also need to set a cutoff. Having a top currency value for a group, I need to set a lower boundary and I reckon this will be set in a section formula too. So listing rows ordering descending monetry value, How to I set no upper bound but cut off these rows at 200,000 and show nothing below that for particular groups (in specified order..)
Thanks!
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum