Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula - Help needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
carleen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote carleen Replybullet Topic: Formula - Help needed
     Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 11:02pm
Hi, just wondering....I have a invoice $ value in AUD and I need to convert this to USD.  I have a rate that I want to use but this rate is against other invoices that are actually in USD.  My report has a grouping by month, so I have under Month A... a number of invoices some USD and some AUD, the rate is the same for the entire month, so I just need to be able to grab the rate of the 1st invoice (or any in that month) in that month and use this to conver the AUD $ invoices to USD.  I then need to create a running total on this USD value field (just incase this affects how it is set up).  Can anyone understand this and help me achieve it?  I will be looking at more than one month at a time.  Thanks
IP IP Logged
Kosmo QA
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Kosmo QA Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:50am
That might be difficult since the exchange rate is constantly changing.
"Why does life go by so fast when days just creep along?"
--Fighting Gravity--
IP IP Logged
MadManJiggs
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote MadManJiggs Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 11:37am
Why don't you setup a parameter to enter the current rate than have a formula convert  USD to Whatever, This way if the rate changes it will use your parameter on report instead of a hard coded number.
CJ
IP IP Logged
carleen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote carleen Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 8:26pm
Yes the exchange rate is constantly changing but I can average it out. for each month.  My problem is though the average becomes incorrect because when the invoice is in AUD the rate is 1.  I need to somehow be able to average it out for the month and use this rate (but when working out this average exclude it when the rate is 1).  I have not yet been able to achieve this with my grouping for each month (re multiple months). 
In regards to the parameter, I would need multiple for each month and I dont know how many months or which the report will be run for as this will be different all the time.  Also if they enter a rate for the Feb, Mar etc in the past they wouldnt want to continue to enter say 6 rates if looking at 6 months.  The system would need to be able to at least store the old months parameters and maybe only enter a new month that has not yet been run before?  Does any of this make sense...?  I really need a solution!!!  Ahhhh
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum