Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Printing to OKI Microline 721 Printer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TonyM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote TonyM Replybullet Topic: Printing to OKI Microline 721 Printer
     Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 1:16am
I am trying to print a Crystal Report (Pick List) on an OKI Microline 721 dot matrix printer.  The preprinted fanfold stationery on the printer is 11 inches wide and 8.5 inches high.  I have configured the printer for 11X8.5 fanfold stationery in the many places that Windows expects you to. I have set the printer to portrait oeientation because I expect the report to print down the page starting with the first line at the top.
 
Unfortunately the report is out of alignment by 90 degrees. The top line is printing along the right hnad side of the form.
 
If I print a Windows test message it prints correctly.
 
It would appear that I may need to set the Page Layout in Crystal to match the printer. Ideally I would set it to Portrait and 11X8.5 but that option is not available.
 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 6:59am
Hi Tony,
 
Which version of crystal you are using.Also check if you could see the printer when you select file--print menu ,othe option would be to select the pagesetup submenu from file menu and select the settings their specific to your printer.
 
cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
TonyM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote TonyM Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 4:50am
Hi Rahul,
 
I am using Crystal X1. I have resolved the problem. I needed to set the paper size to 11 X 8.5 and orientation to Portrait in Page Setup in Crystal. The printer set up does not seem to matter very much. The Page Set Up and associated printer preferences seem to override the printer set up.
 
Initially I was not able to set the paper size to 11 X 8.5. I could select it but it kept reverting to Letter. Eventually I was successful. I don't know why it suddenly accepted the new setting after many unsuccessful attempts.
 
Rgds
Tony


Edited by TonyM - 02 Jul 2008 at 4:51am
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 7:00am
Great ....
 
Thanks
Rahul....
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum