Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Topic: Crystal Xcelsius and Crystal Reports vide Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 10:13pm
I just posted a new video online showing the benefits of Crystal Reports and Crystal Xcelsius integrated together. Hopefully you'll find it very informative. It's a pretty big file, so it might take a minute to buffer.
Let me know what you think, and please link to the video if you like it!
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 16 Feb 2008 at 1:42pm
Thanks for the comment. I was concerned about that b/c it was taking a while for me to download from home, but it was quick at my client's office. I'm using Camtasia and converted to WMV format. I originally converted to a SWF format, but that came it at a 90 MB file. The WMV file is 9MB. I think I'm going to upload it to YouTube and let them use whatever format they like to use and let them take the hit to their bandwidth. I'm also curious if it has to do with my hosting company having too many other sites sharing the same server (and bandwidth). I'm going to reduce the screen size by 50% and see what the outcome is as well.
I've had some requests for doing Xcelsius training videos in more depth. So that would be nice to get those up and running as well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 12:18am
I'm using YouTube to host the video now. It runs in a smaller window now, but the stream is smooth.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 10:42am
Very cool video. What a great tool to view report data through. I support a Medical Billing software package and am looking into custom reports using Crystal. I could see many uses for this companion package.
Joined: 09 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 10:11pm
hello evry1...
i need some help.
i am trying 2 embed xcelsius dashboard in crystal report. i have already made connection in dashboard using flash variables. der r 2 fields in my report. customer name and order amount. i hav groupd d report on customer name.using flash variable in crystal report 2008 i tried 2 set group name i.e customer name to dashboard.but it is taking only first group name and its order amount.can anybody temme how shud i connect the name field in dashboard to group field in crystal report??/plzzzz help me out...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum