Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Count Summary Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kris363
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote kris363 Replybullet Topic: Count Summary Report
     Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 9:03am
I am trying to create a high-level summary report that looks like this:
 
Total Number of Software Titles                      ####
# of Software Titles Not Assigned to a CA      ####
# of Software Titles Missing Contract Data     ####
etc.
 
How do I set up my report? I can create formula fields that return accurate numbers individually, but when I put them in the same report, they get all messed up.  Do I need to use groups, or what is the best way to create a report like this?
 
Help me!!!
 
Kris
IP IP Logged
venkatesha
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote venkatesha Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 3:27am
I feel Formula fields are better approach but how you are writing makes different try the approach given below
Use seperate individual formulas for every condition like below
    if (condtion ="Assigned") then
    (  
       // For getting the right count.
        1
    )
else
    (
        0
    );
Put this formula in detail field and use Summary field and place the same in Report footer. Create seperate formula for each condition.

Suppress the Detail Section.

 

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum