Joined: 25 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Using Select Expert in XI inserts blank section Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 2:06pm
I'm using CR XI Developer Edition and whenever I use the select expert to add criteria, a blank, empty section appears at the bottom of my report between the Report Footer and the Page Footer. This section is viewable in Preview, but if I flip over to Design View, it's not there. This is really messing with my reports. Can someone please help?
Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 3:41am
I can't really answer to why it is doing it, but perhaps a solution is go to the Section Expert for Details (Assuming that is where the blank space is being introduced?)
Go to Suppress (no Drill Down) - Select X-2 to enter formula.
Enter:
ISNULL ( {The field you are using in the select expert} )
Joined: 25 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 8:54am
Unfortunately, it's an entire section that gets inserted between the page footer and the report footer. It doesn't show up in design view and it's not listed in the Section Expert either. Right clicking in it brings up no menu. I've even gone so far as to reinstall Crystal with no luck.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum