Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Newbie needs help with CR8.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ghines
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote ghines Replybullet Topic: Newbie needs help with CR8.5
     Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 3:29pm
Hi all,
 
This is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can assist me with this problem.
 
I have to write a CR for an application that is only compatible with CR8.5.
 
I have three dBase (DBF) tables, ITM, CIT & QTYPRICE.  They look like this:
 
ITM
ID
Description
 
CIT
ID
ItemID
Description
 
QTYPRICE
ID
ItemID
UnitPrice
UnitName
 
I want to link Itm.ID -> CIT.ItemID and Itm.ID -> QTYPRICE.ItemID
 
For every Itm.ID there's a corresponding CIT.ItemID.  However for every Itm.ID there is *not* a corresponding QTYPRICE.ItemID.
 
If I try and link the tables as above in Visual Linking Expert I get the following 2 errors.
 
"The  link you added causes a link configuration with multiple paths leading from the same table"
 
and
 
"Your current link configuration contains multiple starting points"
 
Is there a workaround this problem using CR8.5?
 
TIA
 
Greg
IP IP Logged
ghines
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote ghines Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 11:51pm

No ideas anyone?

TIA

Greg

 

IP IP Logged
ghines
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote ghines Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 4:17pm
Can't anyone help me regarding this matter.  I would really appreciate any sort of assistance.
 
Greg
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum