Hello all. 1st post in these forums.
I have been called to use crystal reports XI at my job and though I can pretty much extract whatever information I need from the tables with slight filtering, I am not grasping the programs full functions.
I have been a long time user of Visual Basic and can shread, cut, dice alter and do pretty much anything I want with data once I link to it. I use some recordsets and I can run complicated logic equations on them.
I haven't a clue to where to begin in crystal to do logical formulations. In crystal once in the recordset, i could analysis the data, move forward and back in records, assign arrays to certain data.... Can this be done in crystal?
I am trying a simple report now where I have 2 sub-reports of data. Only 2 fields in each, Date and A value.
Once a certain value is reach in sub-report 1, I need to check if that value is maintained for the next 3 days. If it is, I need to take that 1st initial date and find the corresponding value on that day in the other sub-report.
Any ideas.
My overall question is how do you do calculations on data in tables like this? Do you have to wait for it to be "printed-out" in order for the computer to even consider doing any calculations on it, and how can one compare a group of data from a series of records? (Like in my case, I need values for 3 straight records and have the computer remember each one of them to perform the equation on?)
Thanks a bunch.