I have been working so hard to figure this out myself but try as I might, for the past three weeks straight of sleepless nights, I am still where I was before I started this journey.
I have researched this topic but I just simply don't know how to sum my field without getting all the duplicated values.
I have two tables, one is a workorder table where there is a single instance per a workorder, the other table is a cost detail table which has muliple rows per workorder. When I bring these two tables together...you guessed it, the workorder total from the workorder table is multiplied by the number of cost detail records.
{GH1}CUSTOMER
wkord.wkord_no wkord.netbill cstdt.scd_amount
{GH2}1038125
466.97 45.85
466.97 76.50
466.97 96.65
{GF2} $1,401 $219.00
{GH2}1041727
354.80 67.20
354.80 25.50
354.80 32.89
{GF2} $1,064 $125.59
{GF1}
The results that I am looking for is the distinct value of netbill per workorder number so that I can get GM$ and GM% per workorder and then per customer
I am fresh out of my CR Design I, II, III training course, I dont' know how to write "backend" statements so please keep this in mind when responding. And also, I am close to tears so please be kind. I can't believe that CR does not have something already in place to provide this sort of work around, it doesn't seem like a big deal but it sure can't bring things to a screeching halt when the totals are incorrect on a Quarterly Billable Summary Report!!!
Thanks in advance for your help!!!