Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports on intranet Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
conor
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote conor Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports on intranet
     Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 4:31am
Hi Guys,
This is my first post. I'm going to start by asking you guys to point me in the right direction. I'm a software engineering student and I haven't used crystal reports before. As part of my duties in my summer job I write weekly reports. These are sales reports that our distributed to my companies suppliers. Roughly 20 suppliers in total. Some look for excel, others pdf. As a project over the next few months I am hoping to do the following
-Create a portal that the suppliers can log into and download the relevant report

Hopefully they will select the type of report to view. Set the parameters such as date range etc. Export to desired format.

What I need to know first of all is what software do I need?
Secondly their seems to be a few different online viewers (activex, java etc). Which of these should I use?

Kind Regards,
Conor








IP IP Logged
conor
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote conor Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 2:29am
Hi Guys,
I will be working off an database that holds all of the sales. Which version of crystal reports do i need for the task above?
 
 
IP IP Logged
conor
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote conor Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 3:41am
Tongue Come on guys, a little feedback?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 7:55am
Hi Conor,
 
You can use Crystal Reports XI to develop reports .
Use Crystal Reports Server to publish,disrtibute the reports.you will need to create Remote access login for your clients to login into your Report Server and allow them with necessary rights to do what they want.
 
You can download Crystal Reports XI and Crystal Reports Server trial edition from www.businessobjects.com
 
Also new version of Crystal Reports 2008 is out in market now yet used it so no comments on that.
 
Thanks
Rahul 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum