Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Display paramters values on Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
baudenbacher
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote baudenbacher Replybullet Topic: Display paramters values on Report
     Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 3:24pm
Hi,

    I am using crystal report within  visual studio 2005.

    I have a report which collects two parameters from user (user input productName and productType), and then on the report, I display the parameter values entered by user;  such as "Product Type:  Food     Product Name:  Apple".

     All the other data on that report are from a stored procedure ( the stored procedure takes productName and productType as parameters).

     When I view the report by using "Main Report View", everything works fine, but when I call the report from C# code, the parameter values, which I wanted to show on the report as described above, don't show up (only shows as "Product Type:       Product Name:     "), other data shows fine.

     Does anyone know what could have caused the problem, and how to fix it?

     Thanks.

Mauricio.
Mauricio Baudenbacher
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 5:39pm
I haven't seen this before. Are you filling the parameters via .NET and they are the filtering is done correctly? This is very odd.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
baudenbacher
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote baudenbacher Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:21pm
Yes, I'm filling the parameters via .Net. The chart and the table in the report are correct, the filtering is perfect. But the parameters simply don't appear in my report. This issue is really annoying me.

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio.
Mauricio Baudenbacher
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 8:02pm
Interesing bug. Since the parameter is obviously being passed to the report (the filtering works), then I would try to trick CR into printing it. What about creating a formula and concatenating some dummy text around it to see if that will get it printed. If so, just use spaces or maybe nothing at all (just putting it in a formula might be all you need). Another idea is to use at text field and drag and drop it onto the text field so that the parameter value is embedded into it. I would just keep trying different things to see if something works (maybe try printing it from a different section as well). Also get the latest service pack b/c they may have already fixed the bug.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
baudenbacher
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote baudenbacher Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 7:50am
Thanks a lot Brian!
I used a formula, in which I concatenated the parameter value with a blank string, and this worked fine! This is a really strange issue.

Thanks in advance, again!

Mauricio.
Mauricio Baudenbacher
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum