Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to make crystal run faster Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Stacey Doan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote Stacey Doan Replybullet Topic: How to make crystal run faster
     Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 1:40pm
Hi all,
I need your recomendation to help my crystal report run faster. I have Oracle as backend with all view created and it make my crystal run so slow. I am trying to speed it up by thinking of use SQL statement and limited of using views. What do you think? Do you have any recomendation? Many Thanks
 
Stacey D
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 10:07pm
This is a very open ended question b/c there are many things that affect CR speed and various fixes to speed up CR. However, views are pretty fast in SQL Server, so I would think that they are the same in Oracle.

I cover advanced database concepts in Chapter 11 of my Encyclopedia book. You might find something helpful there. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum