Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Use of parameter field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
blackd77
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote blackd77 Replybullet Topic: Use of parameter field
     Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 10:14am
Hello. I'm new at this, so please bear with me. I'm attempting to set up a report that is used with a third party product called EFI Logic (this product is designed to accept .rpt files). I open our template, add a parameter field to it called "Job Number". There is only one record in the database with a particular job number. If I immediately save this report and retrieve it with EFI Logic, it appears with one record only, as it should and as I want it. When I open the report file with EFI Logic report monitor, I am prompted to enter a job number, which again is how I want it.

If I then add a second field to the template, that of "Job Description" for instance, and perform the above action of saving the report file and opening it with EFI Logic's report viewer, I am again prompted to enter a job number. The problem is that all the job descriptions from the database are available, not just  the one that corresponds with the job number I just was prompted for and entered.

How do I tell Crystal Reports to limit the record selection to the job number entered at the prompt?
IP IP Logged
blackd77
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote blackd77 Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 10:33am
This report file exhibits this behavior without needing to involve EFI Logic's viewer, so it isn't a problem solely with it. When I add Job Description to the report file, and number of records viewable increases from one to all the records in the SQL table that has these two fields. The job description field is not limited to the records that contain the job number in the parameter field. It is this limiting ability that caused me to choose to use a parameter field in the first place. 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum