We are implementing a new Business Management System which runs on SQL Server.
It does include a basic report writer but we will be needing something that will provide us with more flexibility.
I am looking at Crystal reports XI.
I know that I can produce reports from my local machine and present, print them wih no problem.
I need to allow others in the company to be able to create their own reports from a basic template.
I have, up until now done this with Access Db and ASP but we need to grow up now!!
So as far as the user is concerned I want them to be able to access a basic report form but be able to give it some basic criteria in order to present them with specific information rather than having to be able to write a specific report for that action.
for example they may want to produce a report that is customer performance based on a date range and particular product. So I want them to be able to bring up the report, enter the customer code (or get it from a drop down list, search etc) enter a date range and then select again from a drop-down list, a product, hit the 'GO' button and be presented with the resulting report.
Now, I don't want anyone to tell me how specifically this is done, I just want to know whether it can be done before I go spending time and money on Crystal reports.
Thanks
Mike