Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report design query, parent-child reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
japkid
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote japkid Replybullet Topic: Report design query, parent-child reports
     Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 10:10pm
Hi guys, i'm a noob here so bare with me. I've just been told that I ned to create a report that includes parent and child fields from the same table in my database. As I have only basic knowledge of Crystal, can someone please explain in a concise manner how this would be possible, if so?
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 10:39am

As for me, I need to better understand what you mean by parent and child fields from the 'same' table. The following is offered as a basic guess...based on a business name and invoice concept.

For example,  you need a report needs to show all invoices for each company name, you can use CR grouping. (company name is the parent and invoices are the children)
 
You would group by company name (Insert group and then select datafield for company name) and then list the invoice information in the details section.
 
This is all pretty basic stuff and your needs may be more complex. My apologies if I missed the mark.
 
Regards,
 
John W.
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum