Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Topic: Using the Add Command Posted: 27 May 2008 at 9:59am
Hi All,
I have a question on how to use the Add Command feature in the Database Expert. I am modifying a report and adding an additional table. I need to set this new table up with LEFT OUTER JOIN since the new table may not have a matching record in the Customer table. I think I need to use the Add Command feature because the LEFT OUTER JOIN is not in the correct part of the SQL statement (Show SQL Query) and it's failing when there is no matching record thus giving me a blank report. When adding a command in the Database Expert, how do I tie it in with the new table? Do I need to remove the new table from the 'Links' page since the Command is being added? Not sure what to do here. Thanks in advance for your time!
Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Posted: 29 May 2008 at 5:52am
Thanks for the reply. I had already tried that but it did not help. I was experimenting a bit yesterday. It looks to me that if I am using the Add Command feature in the Database Expert it needs to replace all the tables and SQL code in the report. Because I get a message telling me that more than one datasource or a stored procedure has been used in this report. And the Show SQL Query has two separate Select statements. Do you know if this is true?
Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Posted: 30 May 2008 at 7:38am
I have removed all the tables and have just the Command now. I am trying to get the parameter field to work. When I create parameters in the Parameter List of the Modify Command window and click "OK", when I come back to the Modify Command window the parameters are gone. It's not saving them. When I use the parameters from the Field Explorer window, I get a syntax error.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum